The objectives of Engine of the North are:
- To facilitate accelerated growth in terms of housing completion and job creation/investment, using land and property assets owned by the Council as well as the acquisition/development of third party land;
- To maximise development and minimise risk to the Council by providing dedicated delivery arrangements and relevantup to date property and commercial expertise;
- To secure, in conjunction with the Council, additional Private Sector, Government and European funding into the Council’s administrative area, through creating a stronger focus on delivery and providingmechanisms with the potential to deliver large scale development schemes both locally and for other organisations;
- To create profitable and transparent relationships with land owners, developers and investors which deliver financial and regeneration benefits.
The responsibilities of the Engine of the North include the following:
- To lead on strategic land acquisitions and land deals which enable delivery of the Council’s development aspirations;
- To promote Cheshire East ownedland for development through the Local Plan and Planning Process;
- To undertake all aspects of work associated with delivering the Council’s Development Programme to bring sites forward for development including Masterplanning, marketing and disposals;
- To identify property-related strategic opportunities for the Council and generating new projects for inclusion in the Development Programme;
- To provide commercial property expertise, to advise as required on acquisition, development or disposal for the Council;
- To develop relationships with landowners, developers and private sector investors.